Thursday, October 29, 2009

SACRILEGIOUS





JUST MY THOUGHTS
Commentaries by Elena Ramirez

Sacrilegious

This is the definition of this word.
sacrilege |ˈsakrəlij|
noun
violation or misuse of what is regarded as sacred : putting ecclesiastical vestments to secular use was considered sacrilege.

The picture above, shows a broken life, symbolically.  To me.  And Gods word says, in Leviticus 20:22.    Ye Shall therefore keep all my statutes, (not statues) and all my judgments, and do them that the land, whither I bring to dwell therein, spue you not out.  In other words, if you don't do what God calls you to do, you become broken, and thrown out.  There is an outcry, and anger, because of the very misguided and disgusting, dishonorable, vulgar, actions and freedom of Hollywood.  From Catholics, and Christians around the world.  That I don't think, this show which I will keep as nameless, is going to be successful for much longer.  Because you reap what you sow  Very sadly, this actor, shows disrespect to a beautiful portrait of my Lord Jesus. This is sacrilegious.  To release his fluids.  So to speak. 


Christ, taught us to love one another, and to forgive one another, so I want to be careful to express forgiveness, to this person.  Even, as I write this.  But, it makes me very sad, and yes, it does make me angry.  Even now, I feel the tears, welling up.   Because I think of what Jesus did do for us.  He gave his life, and as he went to the cross, he was spat upon, he was wounded for our transgressions, bruised for our iniquities, and the chastisement of our peace was upon him, and by his stripes we are healed.  Isaiah 53:5.  He did this for me, and for you, and for this actor.  Christ suffered, and for each one of us.  Because God so loved us, that he gave his only begotten son.  That whosoever would believe, would have eternal life.  John 3:16.  And even now, through the centuries, his image is marred, by this disgusting act of an actor, who gives no honor or respect to something that is sacred.  I know the image of Christ, to other religions, holds no honor.  But this is not about a religion.  This is about my Lord, my savior.  The one, who I go to, for everything, counselor, savior, friend, and more.  This is about relationship.  Not until, you come to know him, as Lord and savior, can you respect and honor, a portrait, of our Lord.  My Jesus.  And I have come to a place, where I accepted him, believed, on his name, and what he did, for all of us.  Where I came to a place, where I was broken, and lost, discouraged, and stuck in the miry clay of my sins.  But, then, I confessed my sins, my shortcomings before him, and I repented.  I repented to a Holy God, who could only take my sins.  And there were many.  Many transgressions, and shortcomings, that I had being in sin.  But God did forgive me, as I repented.   


How I pray this actor, would do that, because to be honest with you, I would not want to be this man, on judgement day.  Folks, God is not mocked!!!!  Let me say this again, God is not mocked. And what we do in this, world, we reap what we sow.  Galatians 6:7.  Or in slang, what goes around comes around.  You get what you give.  Whether good or bad.  On earth, as it is in heaven, you are going to reap it. 

And as I said, I am angry about this.  But, I won’t let it rest in my heart.  But with a quietness, as I look outside, and I see the snow, all the snow we are having these past few days.  I feel the blessings of God.  I sense his love, peace, and goodness.  His compassion.  Forgiveness.  For he says, though your sins, are as scarlet, he will take away the sins, and make you white as snow.  Your spirit, will be cleansed, purified, as you let Christ in.  So, this is what I do, to quiet myself, in my anger.  I let Christ in.  But I will write, and I will speak, and say, that was so wrong what he did.  I just wish and pray other Christians, and Catholics, would not take this.  That they would speak up.  The thing, I see with America, and in this act, is that we are letting them treat, our Christianity, as shabby.  It is holy.  We let it happen, by the way we vote, and by not speaking up.  We need some back-bone.  So others can see our honor to God.  My way, of releasing, my anger.  Is anytime, from here on, I will make it a point, never to watch his show again. And I will write "Just My Thoughts."

I first heard of this on a blog, from my internet service, and I read so many comments, that were there. They were so cold, so understanding, of what this person did.  Making excuses, that it was done, in a non mocking way.   I could not believe, that they accepted it.  But, until you realize what Christ did for you on that cross, I suppose, no one will understand, what he did.  That’s why they treat his image shabby, because they are in darkness, and they just don’t see.  But, they will come to know the wrath of God.  This is scripture.  This is not my wish, to get any kind of retribution.  For his actions.  For I wish, and pray, he would seek God and repent.  What a day that would be in heaven.  Angels would rejoice.  Because, he is a popular figure in Hollywood.  And people need good examples.  It would make a difference.  But, as I wrote on that last blog, I will close with the same thought.  Every knee, will bow, and every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord.  Phillipians 2:10.  When I stand before God, I long to hear the words of God, say, “Well done, good and faithful servant.”  And I want to say, Lord I love you, and I thank you, for my Christ Jesus, who took my sins away.  Because I believed, and I obeyed.  I was changed.  So I will honor the things of God. Because Christ, is the true son of God, and came for this very reason, to destroy the works of the devil.  

Just my Thoughts, what are yours? 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers