Sunday, September 13, 2009

LIVE LIFE HOLY


JUST MY THOUGHTS
Commentaries by Elena Ramirez


Live Life Holy
By Elena Ramirez


As I write this, I have a sense to know how important this subject matter is; as a matter of life and death, but also as a way to living life complete and full. This is the door that opens to the straight and narrow gate, as mentioned in the Bible. But, it is also the path to living "happily ever after".

But before I go on, I need to say it is not meant to judge or hurt anyone. If it speaks conviction, that's different. Then, it will bring you to the cross. But that is where I found my freedom, and my forgiveness ... at the cross, and that's where I hope it will lead whoever needs to see this. Because of this, and just the prompting from God, I want to be a voice that speaks, "Live life holy."

I am older now, wiser, and I have learned how important it is to devote yourself to holiness. Now, I am not talking about something that is superficial or what could be considered phony, or even impossible. I am talking about knowing truly who you are in Christ, in a practical method that will bring results.

I don't think we get a lot of thoughts on this subject matter, even from our religious leaders. You hear of the prosperity message, or you hear of the message of salvation (and that is the best place to start). But when it comes to relationships, the subject matter 'on this topic' is not there and, if mentioned, there is that sense that people are given 'fast food' service. It is a topic, that can cut to the core, and they really do not devote a lot of time and energy to talking about living a life of holiness.

Why do I want to talk about it? Because, if I can spare any girl heartache, now or in the future, my attempts will not be in vain; because that is where the root of 'who we are' becomes evident to us, in our own lives, and bears fruit.

Living life holy proves whether or not we have taken to heart, in the fear of God, the consequences of what His commandments and statutes are. These rules, that he expects us to follow, are meant to help us be the best we can be. In not doing so, by not being obedient to God according to his word, we reap what we sow; and that will become evident. For, I see, in our society, how women and girls sell themselves out. I see that this is not brought up to teach, to inspire, or to motivate as an example to our young women.

I was just listening to a talk show and they said, teenage pregnancy is on the rise ... so much more than even in my young day. So that is telling me, we, as a society, are not learning from our mistakes. Movies, television, commercials, are inundated with sexual connotations and it is just accepted in our society. But that does not make it right, in the sight of God, and He is the one we need to please.

As I do reflect on my own life, I was a very misguided girl, a young woman who made a lot of mistakes. But, God has extended grace to me, through His Son Jesus Christ. Even as I write this, I sense how merciful God is.

I can say, now successfully, I am married to a wonderful man of more than 22 years. But, when I met my husband, I told him I wanted to honor God and we would have to wait 'til we got married, to consummate our love. He honored that, and that made him respect me.

We are all looking for love, in some form or another, and we have the notion our prince charming is right around the corner. Little do we know that he is also probably struggling in learning about himself. But, women make it so easy for him to take what he wants, without working and proving himself, and then they just go on ... and that's what most men do.

Girls, ladies, it is time you sense and see that, if you truly want to live 'happily ever after', you are going to have to make some choices and changes. You need to respect yourself because, if you do not, no one else will. First, remember this ... this is a battle and there are other women who will pick up on your failures. So, know this: your sexuality is your weapon.

In this war of love, you need to know 'not all things are fair'. If you unarm yourself and give your weapon, your sexuality, to that man, he has disarmed you. At that point, you
are no longer a challenge or precious to him. It does not matter that you love him because he will think and feel you are now used goods, and may even wonder who else has been with you. A man wants a woman who is a challenge. He does want something and someone who is special, who respects herself and offers rules as to what she expects in a relationship.

You cannot be a challenge if you do not know who you are in Christ, and what the Lord expects of you. You need to know what Gods word says. It will protect you, it will guide you, and it will lead you to the plan God has for your life. Start there, by truly finding out God loves you. Give your heart to God, obey him. His rules and commandments are there to protect you, even if they do seem old fashioned.

You need to know, because He loves you, He wants you to live life holy. Keep yourself pure, in thought and in action. It really isn't that difficult of a choice, if you think about protecting yourself from sexual diseases and, more than anything, finding the path that will lead to living happily ever after.

You also need to know, the enemy of God wants you to fall. He does not want you to be successful, in keeping God's commandments.

Boys, the same thing applies to you. And though I cannot relate to you in the sense of who you are, God expects you to be a gentleman. He expects you to honor all women, starting with your mother.

Anyway, I promise you, by my own testing and testimony, God's plan works; I know.

God bless you. I pray you would find that path to holiness. It will produce fruit and joy in your life, because it comes from God and He is the creator. So, take it to heart; you are so special in the ways of the Lord.

I hope women and men alike will share this with other women and men, but also with young girls and boys who are so impressionable; and they need to know the truth. I share this from my heart, but as also a warning. Let's make a change in our society, for the future.

"Live Life Holy" Blessings and love...... It can be yours, through Christ.

Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, for I [am] the LORD that healeth thee.

Thou shalt not commit adultery. By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adultery, they break out, and blood toucheth blood.

I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Matthew 7:14, Exodus 15:26, 20:14
Hosea 4:2, Leviticus 11:44, 20:26



© 2009 by Elena Ramirez
A Prayer of Hope Ministries * Salvation Prayer
The Best of God * Where My Heart Longs to Be
This article may be used in its entirety, with credits
in tact, for non-profit ministering purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers